Tuesday, November 23, 2010

These Simple Gifts?

Welcome to my blog! After watching the "blogosphere" for a while, I decided to give it a go.
As a Catholic priest, I know that it is important to try and reach out to people in many different ways. I hope that this will be a way that may have a small impact on someone. Because I really do not have anything very profound of my own to share, I decided to do here what I attempt to do in my homilies each day - to share the love of God with people. I certainly do not have the answers to profound questions, but I do believe with all my heart that, together, we can discover that Jesus meant it when he said "Where two or more gather in my name, I am there in the midst".
So, let's begin by declaring that we gather at this blog in the name of Jesus.
In the presence of Jesus, then, we can begin to share our insights with one another (Feel free to e-mail me). As Peter said to the man who was crippled from birth in Acts 3, "I have neither silver nor gold, but I will give you what I have." I hope that "These Simple Gifts" I offer may be of some use, and that we will be united in the Lord through this effort.

No comments: