Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Here We Go Again

Well, after several years away from the "blogging" world, I have decided to give it another go. To be honest, it had begun to feel more like a burden than a bonus, and that was not good. I am in a different place, mentally, spiritually and physically now. Mentally, I am much more at peace with my life. Having lost my mother last May after a three year battle with brain tumors, I am not being pulled in multiple directions, so my attention is more focused. Spiritually I have been living more closely a Spirituality of Communion as a member of the Focolare Movement. It has enriched not only my spiritual life but also helped me discover a wonderful family of people who live it with me. And finally physically I am in a different space - literally. Since I last blogged, after 10 years at St. Joseph Parish in Middletown, Delaware I was assigned in June 2012 as pastor of St. Peter the Apostle Parish in New Castle, Delaware. It is a very different demographic - smaller area, fewer members, older median age - but we have an onsite school (PreK - 8th grade) and a very active Athletic Association. With the beginning of Lent today, I thought that Ash Wednesday would be a good time to try and put into words some of my thoughts. Whether or not anyone gets anything out of this, I think it will at the very least help me focus my attention more directly on God's presence in my life. And so, relying on the assurance that "Where two or three gather in my name, I am in your midst", I offer you, in the name of Jesus, These Simple Gifts.

No comments: