Monday, August 5, 2024

10 YEARS LATER

 Hello!

It has been 10 years since I last posted to this blog. For a variety of reasons I took a break from it, never thinking that it would be for such a long period of time. In any case… I’m baaaack!

I guess I should fill you in about some of the things that transpired in my life over the past 10 years. Let’s get started…

When I last posted, I was Pastor at St. Peter the Apostle in New Castle, Delaware. Shortly after my last post, I was contacted by the head of Priest Volunteers at the Focolare Center in Rome. I was asked to consider serving there as part of the Council for that particular branch of the movement. For those who do not know the Focolare (officially the “Work of Mary”), it is an international movement in the Church that tries to build unity in the world. Striving to fulfill the prayer of Jesus - “That all may be one” - members seek to discern their path with Jesus in their midst, just as He promised always to remain with us. Following a process of discernment by the leadership of the Focolare, my bishop and myself, I was given permission by my bishop to leave the Diocese of Wilmington and spend time in Italy serving the Focolare Movement. While there (2016-2018), I was privileged to assist in the formation of priests around the world in the Spirituality of Communion as practiced by members of the Focolare. This also involved travel to different countries, and so I was blessed to experience the life of the Church in different countries and cultures.

I returned to my diocese and assisted in 2 parishes until I was appointed Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes in Seaford, Delaware. After 5 wonderful years there, the bishop granted me retirement from active ministry and, as of June 26, I am permanently living in my home in New Castle, Delaware. 

I will continue tomorrow. Until then, God bless!

No comments: