Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Easter Season - Look Out!

Sorry for the delay in posting. I guess I just got caught up in Easter Joy!! I love the fact that we have an entire season to reflect on the Resurrection. We sometimes forget just how much happened in a relatively short period of time. And we certainly can use the time to think about its impact on our lives. Whether the whole "doubting Thomas" event, or the encounter with the two on the road to Emmaus, it seems that the Lord was popping up all over the place, and when people least expected. But isn't that really the way He continues to enter into our lives? Naturally we do not see the risen and glorified Body as they did 2,000 years ago, but Christ comes to us nonetheless in unexpected ways. I try to think of Easter as a season when I am on high alert to have an encounter with the Lord and should be on the look-out. I mean, we believe that He is always with us, of course, because He promised this. But He also said that "Where two or more gather in my name, I am there in the midst." And so I want to make an extra effort to hold Him to that promise. It is not a magic formula, but rather a challenge. It means that, when I am with others, I have to do and say things in His name. So I should be extra careful to make sure that the things I say and do are what He wants said and done. That is how I can insure that I will not miss any opportunity to meet the Lord as I walk "on the way". Care to join me along that road?

No comments: